Assistant Professor and Graduate Coordinator
Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
Jill Stier, MA, BMR (OT), is an Assistant Professor and Graduate Coordinator in the Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy. Jill’s role as the Graduate Coordinator involves the coordination of services and programs affecting student life. Jill chairs the Student Affairs Committee, which is responsible for admissions and awards, recruitment, student advising, academic performance including marks and the appeals process, student bursaries and scholarships. Jill has expertise with accessibility and accommodation strategies for graduate students.
- Safi, F., Aniserowicz, A.M., Colquhoun, H., Stier, J., & Nowrouzi-Kia, B. (2022).Impact of eating disorders on paid or unpaid work participation and performance: a systematic review and meta-analysis protocol. Journal of Eating Disorders, 10(7). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40337-021-00525-2
- Stier, J., Nowrouzi-Kia, B, Ott, M., & Mohamed, A. (2021). Admission factors that predict Canadian occupational therapy students’ practicum success. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 5(4). https://doi.org/10.26681/jote.2021.050402
- Nowrouzi-Kia, B., Stier, J., Ayyoub, L., Hutchinson, L., Laframboise, J., & Mihailidis, A. (2021). The characteristics of Canadian university students’ mental health, engagement in activities, and use of smartphones: A descriptive pilot study. Health Psychology Open, 8(2), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1177/20551029211062029.
- Stier, J. (2018). Learning from a scholar, a mentor, and a friend: How one person can make a difference for many. Editorial. Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy 85(4). https://doi.org/10.1177/0008417418815178
- Joint Position Statement on Inclusive Occupational Therapy Education for Persons with Disabilities. https://www.caot.ca/document/6362/PS_InclusiveOTEd_PersonsWithDisabilities_2018.pdf
- Rigby, P., Craciunoiu, Stier, J. & Letts, L. (2016). Measuring environmental factors. In: Law, M., Baum, C., & Dunn, W, editor(s). Measuring occupational performance: Supporting best practice in occupational therapy (3rd ed.). New Jersey (United States).
- Stier, J., Barker, D., & Campbell-Rempel, M. (2015, May/June). Student accommodations in occupational therapy university programs: Requirements, present environment and trends. Occupational Therapy Now, 17(3).
- Barker, D. & Stier, J. (Eds.). (2014, March). Consideration of student accessibility when teaching outside the classroom. Toronto: Council of Ontario Universities. Available from: http://www.accessiblecampus.ca/educators/course-planning/student-accessibility-outside-classroom/
- Barker, D. & Stier, J. (Eds.). (2014, March). Checklist for consideration of student accessibility when teaching outside the classroom. Toronto: Council of Ontario Universities.
Educational Assessments; Accommodations; Evaluation Tools; Diversity and Inclusion; Clinical Skills/Simulated Clients.