New Students – Welcome to the OT Program!
We look forward to meeting you this Fall. On this webpage, we will post important information pertaining to orientation and registration for the Fall. Academic Orientation during August is fully online.
Student-led social and leisure “O-Week 2022” (optional)
O-Week Registration for incoming OT students has started. Instructions for how to sign up were sent by email.
Students in second year of the program organize social orientation activities for the first year students – both fun and informative. Some of these will have costs attached to them.
These activities are completely optional, and student leaders for “O-Week” are advised by the Chair to abide by the professional conduct regulations set by the University of Toronto and the Department. For activities taking place off-site (non-University of Toronto property), students purporting to represent the Department (e.g. wearing a University shirt in public) at an O-Week activity should continue to conduct themselves professionally. There will be a Facebook group set-up for O-Week; forms may be posted here during summer at the request of O-Week Leaders.
- O-Week 2022 Events Poster and Sign-Up Information – please check your email, if you signed up with our social “O-Week” committee
Academic Orientation (Mandatory) starts August 29, 2022
You must attend the MANDATORY OT Academic Orientation and introductory classes that takes place starting Monday August 29 (tentative date).
1. 2022 Academic Orientation (mandatory) Schedule – sent by email August 9th
2. Preparation for the start of classes including required textbooks – sent by email August 9th
3. Free Student Memberships with CAOT OSOT 2022 – sent by email August 9th
4. 2022-2023 MScOT Curriculum Overview (link to our “Calendar and Timetables” page)
5. Term 1 Timetable for Fall 2022 – sent by email August 9th
INCOMING Student Fieldwork Requirements
The Director of Clinical Education has provided the following documents for your immediate review and action as required. These pertain to immunizations, CPR training, Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS), and other very important fieldwork information. Note: please do not proceed with obtaining any of the above without first reviewing the “2022 Fieldwork Student Welcome Letter”.
- 2022 Fieldwork Student Welcome Letter (updated August 29 with new website link to Fieldwork forms for Year 1 students)
Tuition Invoices Online Only
Tuition fee invoices are posted in July to your ACORN account
It is your responsibility to ensure your registration is completed on time. The School of Graduate Studies provides detailed information on registration deadlines, and the process of registration. For example, they distinguish between registration by paying tuition fees immediately, or requesting to register without payment. Please review this information by clicking on this link: Getting Started as a New Graduate Student.
Documents pertaining to incoming students will be posted here periodically. Students will be notified via email when a document for download becomes available.