The MScOT Student Handbook outlines all academic and non-academic aspects of the program, including support services and resources available to our students.
Students in the MScOT program assume certain responsibilities to the Department and to the University, and shall be subject to all rules, regulations, and policies cited in this Handbook.
Changes in Courses
For each program of study offered by the Department, the courses necessary to complete the minimum requirements of the program will be made available annually. The Department reserves the right otherwise to change the content of courses, instructors and instructional assignments, enrollment limitations, prerequisites and co-requisites, grading policies, requirements for promotion, and timetables with reasonable notice.
Regulations and Policies
The University has policies that are approved by its Governing Council which apply to all students. Each student must become familiar with these policies. The rules and regulations of the Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy are contained in this Handbook.
Cancellation of Classes
The University has procedures governing cancellation of classes and/or University closure because of adverse weather conditions or issues with campus safety (e.g., H1N1 virus). Faculty, staff and students are advised to check the main website, including the Preparedness Website to register for urgent and emergency alerts.
Table of Contents
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Curriculum and Research Objectives
- Educational Conceptual Framework and Study Groups
- Inter-professional Education
Getting Started In the Program
Policies and Regulations
- University Policies
- Requirements for Academic Standing and Promotion
- Student Code of Conduct
- Essential Competencies Required
- Termination of Registration
- Guidelines on Academic Offense of Plagiarism
- Regulations for Assignments
- Support for Students
- The Role of Faculty Advisors
- Process for Accessing Learning Accommodations
- Services at 500 University (UTSG) and the Terrence Donnelly Health Sciences Complex (UTM)
- Summary of Resources to Help You Succeed
- Appendix I – Rehab Sector Structural Flowchart
- Appendix II – Administrative Staff in the Department
- Appendix III – University of Toronto and Professional Contacts
- Appendix IV – Faculty Members