- Innovation in teaching methods that improve learning or practice outcomes
- Development of new opportunities for student occupational therapy fieldwork education
- Development of high impact educational programming for student, public, professional or policy audiences
- Exemplary occupational therapy practice, consultation, or mentorship
- Development of novel occupational therapy, interdisciplinary or community-based programs, interventions or guidelines that improve patient, client, population, or societal outcomes
- Research that advances occupational therapy theory, practice or service delivery
- Publications that advance occupational therapy and science (research articles, professional magazines, books, etc.)
- Knowledge translation to practice or policy that advances health and wellbeing through occupation
- Leadership in occupational therapy, interdisciplinary or public service organizations
- Contributions to provincial or national professional, health or social policy development
- An area of achievement not covered in the above categories
- Advancing the ‘public good’ through a commodity or service made available to a patient population, consumer groups, a public agency, or the public at large
To Nominate an alum for this prestigious award, please complete the nomination form. You will need to upload the nominee’s abbreviated CV/resume (5 pages maximum).
Submission deadline: November 8, 2021
- The Selection Committee’s decisions will be based on nominees’ contributions with respect to the nomination categories selected (exemplary scholarly activity, practice, education, service, or other). Nominators are encouraged to provide detailed information about the nominee’s contributions with respect to these categories.
- Information submitted will be used exclusively for determining selection of the award recipient.
- If you require assistance or have additional questions while completing a nomination, please contact Nick Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Toronto Occupational Therapy 2021 Alumni Achievement Award recipient will be announced and celebrated at our inaugural University of Toronto Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy Alumni Network Event (tentatively scheduled for December 9). At this event, we will introduce our new Alumni Network and hear remarks from our 2021 Alumni Achievement Award recipient. This event will also provide the opportunity to meet the new Chair of the Department of Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy, Dr. Mary Forhan. Stay tuned for more details!Thank you for contributing to this process and for celebrating the achievements of University of Toronto Occupational Therapy graduates. We are looking forward to celebrating this year’s winner with you.
|2011||Debra Anne Stewart|
|2006||Joanne Valliant Cook|
|2003||Marilyn Ernst Conibear|