The Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy will be celebrating our 100th anniversary with special events throughout 2018, and we are looking for help as we mark this milestone year. Plans are underway to honour the Department’s achievements, recognize the current contributions of students, alumni and faculty and envision the future impact of our research, teaching and practice.
We would love input from alumni when planning and organizing our events. If you’re interested in helping organize or in hosting any of our centenary plans, please contact Professor Emerita Patty Rigby at email@example.com or our chair’s assistant, Sandra Sokoloff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme for our celebration is OT in Mental Health and Wellness, and plans so far include:
- A birthday party in February 2018, to celebrate the first occupational therapy course for ward aides 100 years ago.
- Feature stories on our website reflecting on our past and proclaiming our new pioneers.
- Repositories of OT research accomplished by alumni and faculty to support your advocacy with stakeholders.
- Online educational materials for practicing OTs and the public.
- A special centenary celebration in the spring for all OT and POT Alumni (including awards and a surprise announcement, stay tuned).
- A back-to-school initiative focusing on student mental health and well-being.
You will receive emails with more information on each event and initiative in the New Year. We will also post information on these pages as it becomes available.