Urgent Care Services


Emergencies including Sexual Assault


1. Life-Threatening Emergency

If this is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 right away or go to the emergency department at Mount Sinai Hospital (closest to 500 University Avenue)

  • The Gerstein Crisis Resources Centre offer free, voluntary and confidential crisis intervention service over the phone and in-person, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The crisis line number is 416-929-5200
  • Toronto Distress Lines serve individuals in distress who require urgent medical or emotional care. The crisis line number is 416-408-4357 (HELP)
  • The University of Toronto St George Campus Police and Mississauga Campus Police can respond to any situation on campus requiring immediate police, fire or medical response to preserve life or property. Dial 9-911 (i.e. dial “9” first, then 9-1-1) from an internal university phone line or 911 from a standard phone line.
  • To ensure prompt service, also call 416-978-2222 (St. George only) and 905-569-4333 (Mississauga only) after calling 911.

2. Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centres

NOTE: This does not require the incident to have happened on-campus. The incident can have occurred anywhere and you are encouraged to access treatment at any of the sites below.

Downtown Toronto (St. George)

Women’s College Hospital: 76 Grenville Street, Toronto ON. The clinic is located on the first floor in the Acute Ambulatory Care Unit Room 1256.
Phone: 416-323-6040

Mississauga (UTM)

The Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Services located at Trillium Health Centre:
100 Queensway West, Mississauga ON
Phone: 905-848-7493

Scarborough (UTSC)

The Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Care Centre (SA/DVCC) at The Scarborough Hospital (TSH):
3030 Birchmount Road, Scarborough, ON
Phone: 416-495-2555
TTY: 416-498-6739

Obtaining medical care after a sexual assault is an important option to be considered. You may be unsure if you want to contact the police. You can still have the Rape Kit examination and the evidence kept before you have to make this decision. However, if you don’t go, that evidence will be lost should you decide to press charges later on.

Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres are located within a hospital and provide a team of nurses and doctors who are specially trained to care for people who have been sexually assaulted. There is a doctor and a nurse on call 24 hours a day to help individuals following a sexual assault. The Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres provide: medical treatment; documentation should you consider now or in the future to inform the police; safety planning and risk assessment; social work/counselling services; referrals to services in the community; cultural interpretation services; and, follow-up services.

Lastly, if your situation is not urgent, or does not require immediate medical attention,  call the Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre at the University of Toronto:  Phone: 416-978-2266

Online: You can initiate contact with the Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre Form:

Reporting Locations at U of T
St. George Campus office: 702 Spadina Avenue
Mississauga Campus office: RM 3094G, Davis Building
Scarborough Campus office: RM 141, Environmental Science & Chemistry Building


3. Victim of a Crime (e.g. Assault)

Note: Please call 911 for police, fire, or medical emergencies.

U of T Campus Police

  • St. George Campus: 416-978-2222 (Note: Please call 911 for police, fire, or medical emergencies in Toronto)
  • Mississauga Campus: 905-569-4333 (Note: Please call 911 for police, fire, or medical emergencies in Mississauga)


Community Safety Office (Business hours)

Responds to all personal safety concerns by addressing the complaint, assessing the personal and community safety risks, providing a continuum of intervention options that the complainant can explore in order to address their personal safety concern(s).


4. Housing Crisis

Emergency Housing Officer (U of T)

  • St George Students: 416-978-8045 x 0 during business hours, or 416-978-2323 after hours (this is Campus Police)
  • Mississauga Students: 905-569-4333 (this is campus police)
    Provides assistance and referrals for students facing a housing crisis (or potential crisis) resulting from legal, financial, and/or personal difficulties.


Family Care Office and Resource Centre (U of T)


The office provides information, guidance, advocacy and referral services to students who require child care (facilities, programs, or subsidies), elder care, or assistance with other family matters. Mississauga students can request an on-campus appointment with a FCO Advisor.


5. Missing Person

Emergency Locating Services, U of T Police (U of T)


Free service offered to students who, while attending classes or are at campus activities/functions, may need to be located in the event of an emergency.