The Department is seeking members from our clinical community to support teaching at our St. George (downtown Toronto) and Mississauga campuses. If you hold a status-only appointment in the Department, your service will contribute to your appointment hours.
Term 1 (September-December 2018)
Course: OCT1111Y: Foundations in Occupational Therapy
Opportunity: OS &OT Foundations Course Facilitators
Instructor: Prof. Jane Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please contact Jane if you are interested in these opportunities.
Course: OCT1141H: Assessment in Occupational Therapy
Opportunity: Interview Lab. Thursday, September 13, 2018, 8:30-10:30 am. Help the first year OT students (in the first 2 weeks of the program) begin to learn initial interview skills.
Instructor: Prof. Heather Colquhoun (email@example.com)
- Answer any initial questions, and potentially some role play with the lab instructor to show the students how you start initial interviews and gather information.
- Students pair and practice with each other (20 min interview, 5 min feedback and switch). During the practice, please help them to keep on track (time reminders), circulate and provide feedback, provide questions, etc.
- Do a re-group wrap to discuss the experience, questions, how did that go? Any questions? What was hardest? Easiest? Anything unexpected happen that you wanted to share? Surprises?
Please contact Heather if you’re interested in this opportunity.
Term 2 (January-April 2019)
Course: OCT1152Y: Musculoskeletal Structure & Function Perspectives in Occupational Therapy
Opportunity: Biomechanical/Clinical Skills Lab Assistants
Instructor: Dr. Behdin Nowrouzi-Kia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location:500 University Ave. (St. George/downtown campus) and 3359 Mississauga Rd (Terrence Donnelly Health Sciences Complex (UTM campus). Lab rooms will vary and will be announced prior to labs.
- Spine and Posture 1
- Spine and Posture 2
- Muscle Strength Testing (please bring dynamometers and pinch gauges if possible)
- Clinical Skills – Consolidation of Goniometry and MMT skills (please bring dynamometers and pinch gauges if possible)
- Lower Extremity
Please contact Behdin if you’re interested in this opportunity.
Note: All labs are scheduled to include a 1 hour pre-lab meeting with the TA. During this time, the TA will review the lab material that will be reviewed during the lab.
Course: OCT1162Y: Mental Health Foundations in Occupational Therapy
Opportunity: Facilitators for large and small groups
Instructor: Prof. Bonnie Kirsh (email@example.com)
- Behavioural and Cognitive Behavioural Approaches in Mental Health
- Psychodynamic Approaches and Projective Art
- Group Dynamics
- Therapeutic Use of Self and Communication
- Workplace Mental Health
A more complete list of opportunities with dates is forthcoming.