The Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy is celebrating our 100th anniversary with special events throughout 2018. Plans are underway to honour the Department’s achievements; recognize the contributions of current students, alumni and faculty; and envision the future impact of our research, teaching and practice.
If you’re interested in helping organize or in hosting any of our centenary plans, please contact Professor Emerita Patty Rigby at email@example.com or the Executive & Communications assistant Sandra Sokoloff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme for our celebration is OT in Mental Health and Wellness, and plans so far include:
- A birthday party in February 2018, to celebrate the first occupational therapy course for ward aides 100 years ago.
- Feature stories reflecting on our past and proclaiming our new pioneers.
- A special centenary celebration in the spring for all OT and POT Alumni (including awards and a surprise announcement, stay tuned).
- A back-to-school initiative focusing on student mental health and well-being.
- Online educational materials for practicing OTs and the public.
You will receive emails with more information on each event and initiative in the New Year. We will also post information on these pages as it becomes available.