Assistant Professor / Peters-Boyd Academy Associate
Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
(416) 323-6400 Ext. 4859
- Associate Member
Anne graduated with a BSc OT from U of T in 1989 and received an M.Ed in 2000 from OISE. She has worked in the mental health field for many years with adult and older adult populations. She currently works in a group therapy program for women at Women’s College Hospital called the Women Recovering from Abuse Program (WRAP).
- M. D. Giles, L. Andrea, B. Nelson, F. Shizgal, E-M. Stern, A. Fourt, P. Woods, J. Langmuir, C. Classen. (2007). A Multi-Modal Treatment Program for Childhood Trauma Recovery: Women Recovering from Abuse Program (WRAP). Journal of Trauma & Dissociation, 8(4).
- A. Parker, A. Fourt, J. Langmuir, E. Dalton and C. Classen. (2007). The experience of trauma recovery: A qualitative study of participants in the Women Recovering from Abuse Program (WRAP). Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 16 (2), 55-77.
- An Occupational View of Health Care: Implications for Occupational Therapy Practice at Sunnybrook & Women’s College Health Sciences Centre. Shannon Vandeven (MScOT), 2006.
- The Experience of Trauma Recovery: A Qualitative Study of Participants in the Women Recovering from Abuse Program (WRAP). Alyson Parker (MScOT), 2004.
Woman and Health; Abuse and Trauma; Group work and group therapy.
- OCT 1190Y: Building Practice Through Mentorship
In addition to core course responsibilities, Anne facilitates modules within the mental health courses concerning anti oppression and diversity issues and the long term impacts of psychological trauma.